Since it’s launch, the original Vertical Crossover Grip (VCG) has received praise as a breath of fresh air in the AR grip space, merging the ergonomically favorable aspects of a precision style rifle grip, with a high level of natural dexterity from more traditional AR based offerings.
While Driven Arms Co maintains that the VCG is ergonomically ideal for the vast majority of end users in it’s current form, they are are extremely proud to bring to market the new VCG-L, commonly referred to as the “beavertail VCG”. The L model was created to even better fill the need set of those with larger hands, the main goal being to introduce slightly more distance to the trigger for improved finger pad placement.
To accomplish this, Driven Arms Co shifted the standard VCG rearward by nearly 1/4? and introduced a modest beavertail, maintaining nearly all of the beloved existing ergonomics + form factors, and simply increasing that distance to the trigger surface.
- Reduced grip angle (5°) for improved ergonomics
- Distance to trigger increased by .20? for better finger pad placement in large hand sizes
- Tapered lower ledge + optimized rear “hump” profile for maximum leverage in all shooting positions
- 1.45” Overall width for improved purchase and general comfort
- Weight with hardware: 62 grams (~2.2 oz)